PDA

View Full Version : Installed my RODI today...

dirkomatic
03/23/2013, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty happy with the way it went, although some of the "factory" assembly needed tightened.

I got a dual output 100 gph Water General filter from Filter Direct on ebay. Initially, I was going to put it in the kitchen, but I decided to install it under the sink in one of our bathrooms where I had more room and was more central to our tanks. I replaced the spigot with a ball valve, so I have one for RO and one for RODI.

I also brew my own beer and have a cichlid tank, so the RO will probably be used as much, if not more than the RODI.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I was pleased with the product for the cost ($150 shipped.)

bnumair
03/23/2013, 05:44 PM
best investment u can make for ur tank. good luck.

Pdm2476
03/23/2013, 08:25 PM
bought mine last week love it great investment

dirkomatic
03/23/2013, 09:52 PM
I hate to see my new water bill, though. I've topped off my freshwater and saltwater tanks and stored about 8 gallons of RODI so far. PWC tomorrow and then storing more over the next few days...

BretCreager
03/24/2013, 06:07 AM
I have had mine for over a year,i use the ro every day for drinkin, cooking, and watering delicate plants, I never saw a rise in my water bill due to tge extra water use, even over the last month or two since I started with making tank water if it went up I'm looking at a solar or two (after making over 100 gallons of rodi). You won't be sorry

mikecc67548
03/24/2013, 08:41 AM
I have had mine for over a year,i use the ro every day for drinkin, cooking, and watering delicate plants, I never saw a rise in my water bill due to tge extra water use, even over the last month or two since I started with making tank water if it went up I'm looking at a solar or two (after making over 100 gallons of rodi). You won't be sorry

You notice they said RO as opposed to RO/DI. Not supposed to drink the DI water. Bad if thats all you drink, i guess. Learn more at NSF.ORG

BretCreager
03/24/2013, 10:26 AM
no, i also said RO as in just RO for my drinking, I use the DI to make my tank water. I was just replying to the fact that even with waste water useage I havent seen an increase to my water bill in over a year of useing atleast a couple of gallons of RO treated water and atleast 100 gallons of RODI water.

mikecc67548
03/24/2013, 10:34 AM
That's what i was pointing out. I should have cut quote short after delicate plants i guess