PDA

View Full Version : Skinny lawnmower bleeny

saltymight
03/23/2013, 09:58 PM
I have had my bleeny for a month now I always see him eating off my glass and lr all day and also any food I put in for my other fish there is no fighting or anything just my cleaner shrimp loves him. My only issue is he is getting really really skinny just notice today I really like him and I don't know how he would lose so much weight he was nice and plump before and looked like he was getting fatter then poof nothing

alexander_ktn
03/24/2013, 03:21 AM
It might be an issue with internal parasites. Try to feed him food soaked with garlic, apparently it has been used with some success against parasitic worms etc.

Denbf58
03/24/2013, 06:09 AM
what are you feeding him i hang dry sea weed i have green,brown,and red all with garlic and add a different one each day my powder blue and the blenny love it heck even puffer eats the stuff

Rognin
03/24/2013, 08:53 AM
Spirula. Mine wouldn't eat anything for a month and a half, I put spirula in and he started eating. Then there was no stopping him, he now eats meats, nori, flakes, and pellets.

Give pure spirula a try, it worked for me.

saltymight
03/24/2013, 09:42 AM
what are you feeding him i hang dry sea weed i have green,brown,and red all with garlic and add a different one each day my powder blue and the blenny love it heck even puffer eats the stuff

I will throw some dry in there I have plenty of green algae in my tank but why won't he eat it

philosophile
03/24/2013, 10:48 AM
Herbivorous fish aren't really herbivores.. They're omnivores. My lawnmower blenny likes to eat pellets, shrimp, etc. but it takes some time for them to eat new stuff. When I tried feeding mine nori, it just ignored it for about a month.

Also sometimes they get finicky about what they want. Mine sometimes will look like a fat Buddha and sometimes it'll look like Kate Moss. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

worm5406
03/24/2013, 01:16 PM
Can you see the skeleton?

Any pictures?

devimik
03/24/2013, 02:54 PM
I've had my Sailfin Blenny for about a month and at first, he was eating mysis shrimp, flakes, pellets and algae. He got quite fat. I think I was feeding too much too often, so I cut back on the feedings. He now only eats the algae and doesn't go for the shrimp or other food my other fish eat. He isn't skinny though. Is yours active? Seems very similar to how mine acted - gorged himself at first, now has gotten skinnier (a good thing) and only goes for the algae. Funny thing is, when I feed the other fish, that is when he starts to eat the algae - his cue for meal time.

saltymight
03/24/2013, 03:55 PM
I don't really see his Skelton. he swims around A lot picking at the glass that's why I was surprised to see him so skinny