PDA

View Full Version : Coral suggestions

tomlow617
03/24/2013, 06:04 PM
In the center of my tank I have a rock that comes in and creates a slight over hang.

The rock is sort of flat and creates a wall, but comes in at about a 8 to 10 % angle and is about 12 Inches high.

On the wall I have some purple mushrooms and at the base of the wall I have a dendrophilia that is doing well.

I would say the area is shaded but not dark, any ideas on a Coral to put on this wall?

I am looking to place it in the middle of the triangle formed by the Duncan, skunk shrimp and dendrophilia in the first picture.

The tank has most of the bells and whistles.

90 gallons, 2 radions running at 70% output.

worm5406
03/24/2013, 08:50 PM
Humm.. I do not have any real shadowed areas, on purpose I do in one spot, but none that is good for any corals. I wonder, too.

TimeConsumer
03/25/2013, 01:08 AM
Judging by how you describe it I think a lot of LPS/softies would grow fine there. A torch would look nice and doesn't need much light at all.

Spyderturbo007
03/25/2013, 07:54 AM
I would love to hear from someone that has found a nice coral that doesn't need much light, but I suspect there aren't any. I mad a neat little place for the fish to swim through and then realized months later, that it sucked up a good bit of space that I can't use for coral. I was thinking of putting my frag of Acans right at the edge of the light and see if they start growing in the shaded area.

chuppy
03/25/2013, 08:08 AM
Sun corals then? zero light needed lol.