PDA

View Full Version : Heavy stocking 120g

KayHouse
03/24/2013, 06:52 PM
Trying to finalize my fish stock list for my 120g sps reef. I will have a cheato devoted 75 fuge, and an AquaC EV-1000, with the two of these my water perams should stay in check.

This is the scheduled order to be added. Plan on adding a couple fish at a time, depending on what fits in my Q-tank, with probably 2-4 weeks between new additions.

Firefish x 2
Ignitus Anthias
Dispar Anthias
Bicolor Blenny
Banggai Cardinal x 3
Neon Goby - Pair
Blue Eye Cardinal x 7
Blacker Ice Clownfish
Black Misbar Clownfish
Orchid Dotty back
Exquisit Fairy Wrasse
(Select) Wrasse
Whitecheek Tang
Red Mandarin
Green Mandarin
Kole Tang

Lots of fish I know, but most are small and non-aggressive.
Please leave your feedback and let me know what you think.

RayL
03/24/2013, 09:13 PM
I don't personally think that you have got too much, I also enjoy lots of movement in a tank

The one thing I would recommend is that you look at Bartlett anthias instead of the two you have, I have had amazing success with them in the past were I have struggled with some other types of anthias

I am not an expert but this is just from my past experience

Good luck

Mrscribbled
03/24/2013, 09:30 PM
I would add the blenny as the last of the small fishes. It may even harass the tangs from time to time, but are an awesome fish IMO.

Ostara
03/24/2013, 10:53 PM
I also like a lot of fish and movement in a tank. For SPS you'll need something additional to keep ideal parameters, perhaps weekly water changes or biopellets/carbon dosing.

That said, I would make a few small adjustments. First, nix the bicolor blenny. They aren't SPS safe and will chomp on your corals. I almost bought one myself but thankfully did a Reef Central search first. Reduce the number of banggai to two, a mated pair. If you don't they'll reduce their number for you. I would also leave out the dottyback in the interest of having a peaceful tank. There's no telling what it would pick on. With those changes you could choose one of the anthias and get a trio instead, which would look nice. :)

KayHouse
03/24/2013, 11:38 PM
I Did Not Know That About The Bicolor, Thanks For The Heads Up, I Will Have To Look More Into That.

I Will Do Weekly Water Changes, Probably Only 10% Though.
I Have Gone Back And Fourth With 2 Or 3 Cards As Well.

Im Ok With A Bit Of Aggression, But The Dotty Was Mainly There For Color And Diversity, So Switching Him Out With Say, Another Wrasse Would Be Totally Fine With Me.

Thanks For The Quick Responses. I Have Another Month Or Two Before My System Is Finished And Ready To Add Fish, So I Plan On Setting Up Mu Q Tanks Now To Get Them Going.
What Do You Think About My Process...

Once Fish Are Recieved, FW Dip For 30 Min, Followed My 7 Days Of Prazipro. Then 12 Days Of TTM, Followed By Another 7 Days Of Peazi, Then To A Final Q Tank For 2 Weeks Of ObservatIon. Does That Sound Like A Good Plan? Should I Add Another Treatnent? Like Cupramine Sp?

Thanks Again.