PDA

View Full Version : Picture of my tank

PescadoraNM
03/25/2013, 05:10 PM
I already introduced myself once here, about a week ago, but I wanted to show you a picture of my tank. My husband took it with his "good" camera. By the way, my name is Gwen. Hello! :wavehand: Let me know what you think. I've had it up and running for about 3 months. Transferred stuff from another tank that was set up about the same amount of time, and added new stuff.

Megatrev62
03/25/2013, 07:50 PM
Looks great!!!

tphill
03/25/2013, 08:02 PM
Hello. Nice tank. Lots of stuff in there!

robertifly
03/25/2013, 08:23 PM
:thumbsup:Yep! Definitely a nice tank you have there, looking good.

worm5406
03/25/2013, 08:57 PM
Give us a little background on it.

equipment

squishifishi
03/25/2013, 09:38 PM
very nice, yes, let's hear some details!

Emmanuel.dam
03/25/2013, 09:47 PM
Wow very nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silleb
03/25/2013, 10:39 PM
Beautiful tank.

PescadoraNM
03/26/2013, 06:05 AM
Thanks all! Glad to hear that from you all :) It's a drilled 75 gallon with a 15 gallon sealife sump underneath. I have chato in the refugium, with tons of copepods, amphipods (spelling) and mysis shrimp (as best as I can tell) in there.

I have about 80 lbs of LR and two powerheads. I'm never quite sure where to put them for max flow, sadly. I have one on the back now, facing the front and one on the left side, kind of pointing up for top water movement. Powerheads are 1400GPH and 800GPH.

My corals are many varieties, bird nest frag, some other similar pink colored sps. Frogspawn, acripora, green trumpet, galaxia, monitpora, pulsating Xenia, cabbage leather, zoas and mushrooms (blue, green). Thanks to another member here, FishAhololic911, who has hooked me up with lots of fun stuff :)

I have 2 clownfish, one coral beauty, one blue tang (small), 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, a green emerald crab, 2 PJ Cardinals, one yellow tail damsel, one sixlined wrasse.

I've had good luck so far (knock on wood) with this tank. No serious issues, but micro bubbles, which I believe I've got that fixed. My parameters are 0 nitrates, and of course 0 of nitrites and ammonia. I'm feeding the corals "Coral frenzy" and the fish a mix of frozen brine or mysis, flakes or an oceanblend with a variety of stuff (both green and meaty). I think that covers it :)