PDA

View Full Version : Stocking List

rogermccray
03/26/2013, 08:23 AM
Here is my shot at a stocking list for a 75 gallon tank.

x3 Red Striped Goby (Trimma cana)
Clown Goby, Yellow (Gobiodon okinawae)
Carberryi Anthias (Nemanthias carberryi)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus mccoskeri)
Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse (Wetmorella tanakai)
Diamond Watchman Goby (Valenciennea puellaris)
Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loriculus)
Lemonpeel Angelfish (Centropyge flavissima)
White Tail Bristletooth Tang (Ctenochaetus flavicauda)
Spotted Mandarin (Synchiropus picturatus)

I was wondering if anyone had any comments about the fish in the list, I've run the list by snorvich and gotten his okay so I know it's doable.

reeftobe
03/26/2013, 08:36 AM
Looks good, but what else do you plan to keep? The small angels may pick at certain lps you want to try like brains etc.....

the clown gobies often pick at and lay on & irratate SPS, unless you plan to have a bunch or none then shouldn't be an issue.

Mandarian, definitly wait til the tank has been established 6mos+. Do you plan a refugium?

rogermccray
03/26/2013, 08:41 AM
I left a few parts out of my stocking list, I plan on mostly keep corals like frog spawn/hammer/torch and some zoas. I am not a huge fan of the SPS and I am planning on setting up another smaller tank elsewhere in my house so i can put some LPS in there if I want.

I do plan to have a refugium, I am either going to do a 40 gallon sump/refugium or have a standalone 40 gallon refugium.

Thanks for the inputs.

reeftobe
03/26/2013, 12:20 PM
sounds like you should be fine with the list then

Windirmere
03/26/2013, 03:22 PM
Can you have more then one type of dwarf angel

dthorn
03/26/2013, 03:36 PM
Good luck on the white tail bristletooth. Not a rare fish, but very hard to find.

squishifishi
03/26/2013, 03:48 PM
will all those gobies get along ok? some kinds tend to fight with eachother...

rogermccray
03/26/2013, 05:47 PM
I got the okay on both the gobies and the dwarf angels. Hoping it will go smoothly.

gsiegel
03/26/2013, 07:13 PM
I would add the angels together and toward the end of the stocking.

Good luck!

rogermccray
03/27/2013, 04:42 AM
I would add the angels together and toward the end of the stocking.

Good luck!

Okay, will it help them get along better to do that?

I was thinking of adding them second to last with only the tang coming after. Should I do the mandarin before the angels? I know I need copepods first.

reeftobe
03/27/2013, 07:27 AM
mandarain will be fine later on. But make sure well established otherwise it will more than likely persish. Unless you can find one eating prepared foods at a LFS. Unlikely tho.

rogermccray
03/27/2013, 07:30 AM
mandarain will be fine later on. But make sure well established otherwise it will more than likely persish. Unless you can find one eating prepared foods at a LFS. Unlikely tho.

cool, thanks for the advice, I will definitely wait until I am established, I don't have the time to keep a mandarin fed.

reeftobe
03/27/2013, 07:32 AM
Yeah they are finiky!