PDA

View Full Version : Standpipe idea

kryptic4l
03/26/2013, 11:30 AM
So I've mulled it over a few times but haven't looked up if something like this has been done before. Basically wondering if this may work.

The idea is to have two pipes one that fits in the other. Two large holes that offset each other. A rubber band or resistance band attached to both pipes always fighting to go back to neutral. And a float on the top of the inner pipe.

If the float goes up the offset holes would become a larger hole allowing more flow through. As the water level dropped they would shut.

Creating a auto adjust stand pipe. I notice on the herbie system over time my water level tends to sway slightly. I was hoping this would help this.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/kryptic4l/45e089ba1c217cc0ceff8a18b6b301f4_zps7ac31d3a.jpg

SGT_York
03/26/2013, 03:04 PM
wondering what you can use for the rubber/resistance band that won't wear quickly in the wet/dry salt area.

kryptic4l
03/26/2013, 03:22 PM
All jokes aside, a Trojan might be the man for job. If the downward resistance is even needed, depending on fit, if the water level goes down the pipe should just fall back into place.

I should get off my bum and make this