PDA

View Full Version : HELP clown jumping

BeccaScott
03/26/2013, 01:43 PM
My black clown jumped out of the tank last night. I have no idea why
I'm guessing the lights may have spooked him? But I left 20 minutes before the lights went out and was gone almost 5 hours. When I came home I found him on the floor super dried up and not moving but I stuck him in a container with water and he started breathing so I let him back in my tank.

I went to check on him again 20 minutes later and he had jumped out again only on the backside of the tank once again I stuck him back in and covered the top of the tank with anything I could find and left him alone. He seems to be doing fine today swimming around like nothing happened.

My question is does anyone know why hes trying so hard to commit suicide?
All my params are normal and the temp is good. I did think he may have been getting too hot or something because he's made my power head his host and its right by the heater.

Cymonous
03/26/2013, 01:57 PM
What other livestock are in your tank? Some fish just jump out of the tank for no reason. You should get some kind of new top for your tank. BRS netting, ceiling grid.

kissman
03/26/2013, 02:24 PM
goto BRS and buy there DIY Screen Lid kit

BeccaScott
03/26/2013, 02:26 PM
I cant really put a top on. I dont have a sump so all of my filters, skimmers and whathaveyous are everywhere.

I have a fish thats looks similar to an emperor angel and then a bunch of coral. Thats pretty much it.

kissman
03/26/2013, 02:36 PM
You csn leave room for those or do sump to

gone fishin
03/26/2013, 04:25 PM
Without some sort of cover it is just a matter of time before fish go carpet surfing. I have made quite few covers with BRS and frames to go around equipment.