PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose one more fish....

meegwell
03/27/2013, 09:35 AM
Im trying to decide on the final fish to add to my tank. Here is the current setup:

Tank: 90g w/ "less than normal" live rock - almost minimalist (LR in sump) lots of swim space but there are three caves: one large, medieum, and a small.
Coral: SPS, LPS, Zoas
Verts: CLeaner Shrimp
Fish: 1 blue cromi, 2 osc clowns, 1 wrasse, 1 yellow tang

Tank is clear, clean and healthy, and about 5 months old (fish added over time, most all are "newish")

Desire: 1 more medium-large fish (bigger than the clowns) primarily colored blue, green, or black/white (not orange/red or yellow)

What I've considered: coral beauty, but Im conscerned about nipping of sps, should I be? most blue colored tangs need bigger space. but this shoudl give you an idea of what Im looking for. rabbit/foxface - i forget why i decided against them.

Any ideas or suggestions?

username in use
03/27/2013, 09:38 AM
Have you looked at any other wrasse's? What kind of wrasse do you have now? A melanarus would work.

dunc101
03/27/2013, 09:47 AM
I also love fairy wrasses.
For a black/white option, maybe a schooling bannerfish (Heniochus diphreutes), zoster butterfly/pyramid butterly, or lamarcks angelfish.

meegwell
03/27/2013, 12:24 PM
I have a carpenters flasher wrasse - I've been wondering why it looks nothing like th picture (nor dorsal fins) and am just now realizing I must of got a female?

I like the Lamarks Angel...

username in use
03/27/2013, 12:25 PM
I have a carpenters flasher wrasse - I've been wondering why it looks nothing like th picture (nor dorsal fins) and am just now realizing I must of got a female?

I like the Lamarks Angel...

You will continue to have a female until you put another one or two in there, then the dominant one will become a male.

meegwell
03/27/2013, 05:56 PM
You will continue to have a female until you put another one or two in there, then the dominant one will become a male.

Jeez...I'm glad that chit doesn't happen to us humans....

aandfsoccr04
03/27/2013, 06:13 PM
I'd probably add another wrasse like a mccoskers, lineatus, or rhomboid and a kole tang.

meegwell
03/27/2013, 09:21 PM
I'd probably add another wrasse like a mccoskers, lineatus, or rhomboid and a kole tang.

love the kole tangs ---- liveaquaria, who i mainly deal with for live stock, is out of stock of the larger percent of inventory they show...I've chosen to get my fish from the same source, but damn they are out of most everything and I wont click to give me an email note when it is in stock. DEAR LIVEAQUARIA: If you dont have it, dont show it to me.