PDA

View Full Version : Eshopps refuguim

Dfwnoob
03/27/2013, 10:29 AM
Looking to buy a dump/refuguim but find the eshopps to be a bit pricey . What other brand is outthere at a fair moderate price for a 75 g DT ?

Sk8r
03/27/2013, 10:34 AM
DIY can be done on any cheap tank. The trick is making the water flow UNDER the last barrier. You need a chamber for the water to flow into, a big one for a fuge, one for your skimmer, one for your heater, and the last barrier, that walls off your return pump, doesn't have water flowing over it, but under it.

Note the amount of freeboard on the sump (space water can rise to if you cut the pump off) and you can do this with plastic barriers, some reef-safe glue and some flexible reef-safe channeling to hold the panel on the sides. To determine at the hardware whether a plastic is reef safe just ask if humans can drink from it. [Metals of course, are a no-no, except for aluminum, but even so, don't have it in your tank.]

Sizewise, I'd go at least 40, for a 75. Try the dollar a gallon sale at the pet store.

worm5406
03/27/2013, 12:37 PM
That company that has the $1 per gallon is not having one right now and they do not say when the next one is.

Tlecluyse
03/27/2013, 04:37 PM
Looking to buy a dump/refuguim but find the eshopps to be a bit pricey . What other brand is outthere at a fair moderate price for a 75 g DT ?

I used the eshopps fuge and i like it, it is built very well and was easy to install (do wish there was less flow in the fuge tho) i might have to modify mine slightly... i did a ton of research and this was the best as far as size / pricing for me