PDA

View Full Version : elegance help w/ pic

cpandrewschmidt
03/27/2013, 11:55 AM
Hi,
Have a elegance that I got in January. It's been doing fine till the last two days. Won't open and is shrunk. It looks like it's pinching itself around some weird growth I circled. But not sure if this is a pest or problem or nothing. Won't eat and isn't sticky anymore. No tank parameter issues. Just this guy. Any ideas? Thanks

Andrew

cpandrewschmidt
03/27/2013, 12:00 PM
PS pic was taken slightly out of water because I can't ever get a good one under. That thing is stuck to it.

usmc121581
03/27/2013, 12:17 PM
Cant tell for sure, but what are your parameters like? also it is a big chance it could have torn its tissue while being inflated. Having these corals on a rock is very discouraged.

gnu
03/27/2013, 04:39 PM
From the pic it looks like its open since I cant see the edge of the skeleton. Usually closed they are pretty sunk in. Can you get a better pic?

oldsaint
03/27/2013, 05:52 PM
What ever it is I would remove it as it seems to be aggravating the elegance.

The elegance doesn't look good. It's open but the tentacles are retracted. Unfortunately not a good sign. Hopefully it is only because of the pest. I would consider removing it from the rock. From my experience they do better resting on the sand.
What type lighting is it under? It could also be a sign of light stress. If it was collected from deep water it will be sensitive to MH or LEDs. A nice shaded area might do it some good.