PDA

View Full Version : Redoing the Aquascape

mess7777
03/27/2013, 02:02 PM
After getting some new lights, I think it will be time to redo my aquascape. It will be a lot of rock moving in and out of the tank, an opportunity to set things up well, and hopefully a nicer tank at the end of it all.

I am worried about creating a mini cycle when doing this and the impact on my corals.....especially those dirty rock crevices towards the bottom.

What is the recommendation for a large scale re-org?

Sugar Magnolia
03/27/2013, 02:09 PM
Remove all corals to a large tub of tank water while you rescape. Moving all of your rocks is going to release a lot of detritus so have a large amount of salt water on hand to do a water change after the rescape, and if you have any hang on mechanical filters sitting around put them on the tank for a few hours to help clear and polish the water.

Lionfish666
03/27/2013, 03:41 PM
+1 Good advice. While you're at it clean the top layer of the sandbed, you'll never get another chance to clean up the crap under the rock.
Definitely reward yourself with alcohol afterwards.

daido
03/27/2013, 03:56 PM
LOL:-)
You should take it slow. For the days before just move the rocks, blow on them with your hand,anything that will cause all the crap on your rock to let go. Make water changes and after a few days move the rocks.

kissman
03/27/2013, 04:17 PM
I assume you cycled the rock before adding?