PDA

View Full Version : Dosing BRS 2-part manually

Bolo Tran
03/27/2013, 03:29 PM
I've been dosing this by hand everyday. 10ml in the morning around 9am and 10ml at night around midnight. Not sure if its the cause but my sps are getting stn from the base up. What's a safer way to dose manually in consideration that I work for 12 hours in between so dosing is not possible? Thanks

daido
03/27/2013, 03:42 PM
Get a dosing pump or make a dripping container which will dose more slowly:-)

kissman
03/27/2013, 04:23 PM
10ml of alk can be a big dosage depending on size of the tank. Best bet is to just buy 2 1.1ml dosing pumps from BRS. If you have to dose your self do a little at a time over a few hours. Stability is everything to SPS smallest adjustments as possible

Palting
03/27/2013, 05:29 PM
Agree your best bet is a dosing pump. I did a price comparison and quality research about a year ago. Among the multiple options availaable, I chose the Bubble Magus 3 channel doser. I suggest you check out dosers for yourself.

Or, you can get two containers, then DIY a dripper with airline tubing and airline valves. One container to start a slow drip of 10 cc's alk over several hours in the morning before you leave, and the other container to drip calcium over several hours in the evening when you arrive. Make sure they drip in separate areas, and in high flow areas.

Bolo Tran
03/27/2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. Forgot to mention that my tank is a 50g with 15 gallon sump. Do you think this is too much fluctuation? My alk fluctuates from 8-9 up and down throughout the day