PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angel acting weird

Dosepher
03/27/2013, 04:17 PM
So i bought a Flame Angel last Monday and i havent seen it eat! Only a few pieces of mysis shrimp once. Its always hiding and never comes out! My yellow tang showed him a little aggression at first but doesnt really bother him anymore. Today i thought the flame angel was gonna die but i guess it didnt? It leans on rocks looking dead, and just stays motionless. At one point he was laying on the sand and i was sure he was dead, but then he starts swimming slowly around then does the same thing again. Anyone know whats wrong with him? Ive also tried feeding flakes and pellets that has garlic in it.

BIG_KAHUNA
03/27/2013, 04:24 PM
What are the parameters of your tank? how was he acclimated? You usually want to see them eat at the shop before you bring them home. I'm going to guess ammonia or pH shock. Prime never hurts, dose the tank according to the bottle.

Dosepher
03/27/2013, 04:39 PM
Parameters are all 0. I acclimated him in the bag for 45mins that put one cup of my tank water slowly. When i got him he was just shipped so i thought he would be healthy since he was fresh off the shipment. Guess not.

rlm2005
03/27/2013, 04:43 PM
What was the SG in the bag with the fish and what is the SG of your tank?

Windirmere
03/27/2013, 05:44 PM
yeeeouch, I hope its not a parasite or anything infectious. What ever the cause was might be in your Dt now : \

albano
03/27/2013, 06:06 PM
Sorry, but IMO, it as good as gone! Many people have problems with flames, should definitely be held in QT until eating and looking healthy, free from stress

Dosepher
03/27/2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah haha its dead. Thanks for your help everyone! Its alright i kind of expected it to happen since it wasnt eating for the first 5 days.