PDA

View Full Version : My last clownfish

Anomal0caris
03/28/2013, 01:17 PM
I have a 55g LPS softie setup with a Saddleback clown that is a PITA. every time i try to feed my frogspawn and trumpet coral, he will rip the food from the polyps and has ripped tentacles off the frogspawn multiple times. any suggestions from keeping the clown away from the corals? i currently have to turn the lights out and swat the bugger away for 30 minutes 2-3 times a week :angryfire: I want to sell him but my partner wont let me

Anomal0caris
03/28/2013, 01:19 PM
And i can only have two other fish apparently. I have a royal gramma and a cherry spotted dottyback that were introduced before her in august. Every time i try to add a new fish the clownfish attacks and kills it.

ddvm5654
03/28/2013, 07:25 PM
i had a acc. clownfish that was the meanest most aggresive fish ever. he would attack my hand when cleaning and killed all his tankmates. i watched him kill a yellow watchman goby and keep me from rescuing it. took it back to lfs got store credit

worm5406
03/28/2013, 08:58 PM
There have been some threads lately that say the saddle backs are not really 'reef safe' well they are but they have been very destructive lately.

krezfil
03/29/2013, 07:09 AM
I have a 55g LPS softie setup with a Saddleback clown that is a PITA. every time i try to feed my frogspawn and trumpet coral, he will rip the food from the polyps and has ripped tentacles off the frogspawn multiple times. any suggestions from keeping the clown away from the corals? i currently have to turn the lights out and swat the bugger away for 30 minutes 2-3 times a week :angryfire: I want to sell him but my partner wont let me

sell him ! lol

worm5406
03/29/2013, 07:37 AM
OOPS... it died.... (after you left the LFS....)