PDA

View Full Version : Puffer and the missing Damsel

PiscesTank
03/28/2013, 03:17 PM
My "aggressive" and reef tanks share a center wall. 1/2 inch glass with about 3 inches of space between water and top of glass.

Yesterday i found my 6 inch Spotted Puffer on the reef side, and my Domino Damsel missing! When i found the puffer he was just chilling in a corner, not chasing anything or acting weird at all.

My question is can and would a well fed 6 inch puffer eat a 2 inch Domino Damsel? or should i start lifting/moving live rock to find a body/remains?

Terrance
03/28/2013, 06:21 PM
A well fed puffer can still eat a 2-incher. It might not happen in days, weeks, months, or years, but there is always a chance of it happening at any time. I would separate the fishes.

Post pics of your GSP.

Cloudburst2000
03/28/2013, 07:05 PM
It's possible the puffer ate the damsel but the damsel might just be hiding from a potential predator. Put the puffer back into the predator side of the tank and see if the damsel makes a reemergence. If the damsel is still alive, it could take a while for it to come back out.

PiscesTank
03/28/2013, 08:24 PM
sorry, not a green spotted puffer but a spotted dogfaced puffer, and i asked the wife to bring home the camera tomorrow so i can finally take some pictures

A well fed puffer can still eat a 2-incher. It might not happen in days, weeks, months, or years, but there is always a chance of it happening at any time. I would separate the fishes.

Post pics of your GSP.

navyfishguy
03/28/2013, 08:34 PM
damsel was a snack sorry bro