PDA

View Full Version : Return option plumbing

rhwimmers
03/28/2013, 05:49 PM
I currently have a "spraybar" that goes around the inside perimeter of my tank with an outlet at each corner. Was going to change things up a bit and get a seaswirl but my hood is on the perimeter of the tank so really no way to get it secured to anything so looking for other options. It seems like bubble algea likes to grow on the pvc elbows cracks for some reason too - not sure why?

TIA

Misled
03/28/2013, 05:59 PM
Seaswirl recomends against putting it on the overflow, but mine has been there for six years with out stopping at all.

rhwimmers
03/28/2013, 09:49 PM
Hrm, it actually might work there actually - my overflow is the 1300gph one from glass-holes.com (great product), it would site right in front of that. Will it be an issue if its not all the way down (submerged) as far as the bracket would go? The outlet is definitely submerged, but the entire unit cant go down any further due to the overflow being wide. Any concern for that? Will it reduce the amount of DT water going down into the sump area to be skimmed etc?

Misled
03/29/2013, 04:13 PM
I'll get my camera and get you a pic of mine tonight. It's not all the way down. I wanted the outlet as close to the top as possible.

Misled
03/29/2013, 06:10 PM
Here's how mine is on my overflow.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q68/jllndmb/Reef/DSC_7693-1_zps7135797d.jpg

As you can see the mount is kept above the water line so it has no effect on the flow of the overflow.