PDA

View Full Version : Seachem Cupramine

Wsantos
03/28/2013, 07:35 PM
Ok.. I need full instructions..

Seachem states a dosage 1st day-2nd dose 48hrs after... Then What?? Water Change?? Then add another dosage? What levels?? What?

HumbleFish
03/28/2013, 08:07 PM
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Cupramine.html

Wsantos
03/28/2013, 08:13 PM
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Cupramine.html

Ok?? After 14 days?? Do I start the procedure over after water change?? I seen this already.. This is on the bottle..
Thx...

triggreef
03/28/2013, 08:52 PM
keep that dosage for 4 weeks.

I think I read seachem saying they were going to change the directions to 3 wks, But 4 weeks is what most people do, because the cyst stage (unkillable) last 4 weeks on average.

triggreef
03/28/2013, 08:53 PM
and if it drops below .3 I think you should start the clock again.

Wsantos
03/28/2013, 08:58 PM
and if it drops below .3 I think you should start the clock again.

Ok.. The 1st dose i put in, the next day all the ick dropped off!!! Wow!! I couldnt believe it.. Powder Blue, Sailfin and Atlantic in the QT... 5th day.. Iwill probably do a 50 water change tomorrow

triggreef
03/28/2013, 09:23 PM
Just make sure you follow the whole dose and wait 4 weeks after your done to observe them if you want to be safe.

I have multiple fish on their 3rd week and I have not seen any ich since the first day. I did see some scratching, but they are at .5 so I'm assuming flukes since there is no sign of anything else.

HumbleFish
03/28/2013, 09:49 PM
Ok.. The 1st dose i put in, the next day all the ick dropped off!!! Wow!! I couldnt believe it.. Powder Blue, Sailfin and Atlantic in the QT... 5th day.. Iwill probably do a 50 water change tomorrow

Dose, wait 48 hours, then repeat. This gets you to the concentration you need. You need to maintain this concentration for 4 weeks. So, anytime you do a WC, treat the new water with 4 drops of Cupramine per gallon before adding it to the QT. You also need a copper test kit (i.e. Salifert, Seachem) so you can test your copper level. It must stay above 0.35 mg/L for the 4 weeks.