PDA

View Full Version : Need help with sump on 120 build!

tsharrer
03/28/2013, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone,
I Currently have a 55 setup for about 3 years now. I recently purchased a 120 from a guy with a small sump that I have never seen before. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen this before. I want to use the sump without the overflow but I didnt know if where he drilled the wholes in the tank would work since they are on the one side. Or would it be easier to just use the overflow :( Any suggestions would be appreciated. I plan on putting a ref in a 10 gallon tank next to it. I have never done a sump before so please leave any suggestions. Thanks for looking.

whiteshark
03/28/2013, 09:45 PM
Here's what I would do. Drill the display tank after making sure the panes aren't tempered of course. Or use and possibly add to the holes he already drilled (sorry can't see the pic for some reason) Set up a bean animal or similar overflow. Then build your own sump using a 55 or 75 gallon tank. A 40 breeder would work too.

Just Google info on bean animal or Herbie overflows and check build threads here for info on making your own sump.