PDA

View Full Version : How long to leave LED's on?

PescadoraNM
03/29/2013, 07:34 AM
I need some suggestions/help with this. I bought a drilled tank, used. I don't know what kind of lights are on it, except they are 2 boxes anchored on hood. Each are 16"x 8 1/2". The lights are both blue and white LED.

With a mix of LPS and SPS corals, what would you recommend I set the timers for? I have a digital timer for both the blue and white. I'm looking for how many hours to have just blue on and blue/white together? Thanks!

username in use
03/29/2013, 07:47 AM
Was this a complete setup? You bought all the corals with it? If so I would ask the seller what it was and start there. If not I would start low and slowly ramp up. Maybe start at 6 hours blue with 4 hours for everything and then add 1/2 hour every week.

PescadoraNM
03/29/2013, 07:51 AM
Was this a complete setup? You bought all the corals with it? If so I would ask the seller what it was and start there. If not I would start low and slowly ramp up. Maybe start at 6 hours blue with 4 hours for everything and then add 1/2 hour every week.

No, I didn't buy it with the corals. The person actually had a tint on the glass, which I left, and slowly removed over time. It's been up and running about 3 months. I've had it with blues on first at 10a.m. till noon and white coming on at noon and whites off at 7:30pm and blues off 2 hours later. Just wondering if that is good? Should I do more time with whites? Less? Corals are growing, but I would love them to grow faster. Not really sure what is normal growth? :lol:

username in use
03/29/2013, 07:54 AM
If everything is growing and happy and I wouldn't mess too much with it. Anywhere from 8-14 hours is the general lighting schedule for most tanks.