PDA

View Full Version : 6 line wrasse

Anthonius
03/30/2013, 12:42 AM
Ok so I got a six line the other day. I didnt see him for 3 whole days. I figured the fish was hiding as I have read they tend to do when they start in a new tank. So today I was like... I am gonna find that fish no matter how long it takes. First glance at the rockwork on the back panel of glass I notice my wrasse, hes laying verticle and snuggled up next to the rock and back panel of glass... around this fish is a mucous looking substance, its not quite clear enough for me to see through and I cannot tell if gills are moving or anything. I did a bit of research and found that they do this while sleeping. How long shall I leave the fish there in its mucous sack before assuming the fish is dead and removing it from the tank?

kenny4128
03/30/2013, 12:56 AM
This is normal. I HAD one of these fish until I realized he was a total wrasse hole and removed him from my peaceful community tank. Back to your concern, every night he would go to his hole in my rocks and create a mucus cocoon. During the first few days I had him he didn't move or come out. Then all the sudden there he was swimming and picking at the rocks.

Anthonius
03/30/2013, 12:57 AM
Funny thing... no more than 10 minutes go by and hes now swimming around aimlessly. He keeps bumping into the glass tho. Must not have had his coffee yet.

kenny4128
03/30/2013, 01:09 AM
Great, keep your lights low/off so he can calm down. he will be a great worker fish

BigDog
03/30/2013, 08:46 AM
I love my 6 line..... one of the friendliest fish I've ever had..... surprisingly enough he's paired up with my flameback angel and they're two peas in a pod :)

screamingibis
03/30/2013, 08:58 AM
Keep an eye on him. Once they mature, they can get nasty.

Anthonius
03/30/2013, 07:15 PM
This guys a baby. about half the length of my pinky... he sure is fat tho. The other residents are all larger than him.