PDA

View Full Version : which dc pump

110galreef
03/30/2013, 06:00 PM
Looking at the 10k models....

Diablo, waveline or speedwave (think its the same as waveline?)

Is the $70 price increase worth the diablo?
Seem about same flow head and watt draw.
Are they all about same loudness?

Epicreefer
03/30/2013, 06:15 PM
I've heard they are all the same just under different names. Look at the controller, it's identical. From what I read they are good for internal pumps but the quality of plastic/ risk of a crack and the sealing methods make them unacceptable as external pumps. From those reviews I decided to go with blowhole pumps on my next tank instead and may make them my go to pump if trials go well due to versatility.

110galreef
03/31/2013, 03:06 PM
these will be used in sump, so not to concerened about plumbing externally.
Any one else have input on these?

sirreal63
03/31/2013, 03:40 PM
I am playing with a Waveline DC3000 skimmer pump. It is a good little pump, very quiet and good flow. I couldn't decide between the Diablo or the RLSS, CoralVue decided to not rely to a single question about the pump, not when it would be available or anything, which is unusual since they have always replied instantly with information. I decided to use the RLSS Waveline instead, and for that reason I would suggest the Waveline. I don't buy from companies who fail to respond to questions.

Since all three of these are basically the same thing, go with the company that will be there before and after the sale. RLSS and Salty Supply did just that. It makes no sense to pay more for a different label on the same thing.

RLSS
04/10/2013, 10:05 PM
The pumps are not identical, there has been an attempt to make them appear that way, however they are not the same product. On our waveline pump the "pump side" bolts into the "motor side" with 4 titanium set screws. The other pumps bayonet into place via a friction fit. The impeller mid plate is different along with the centring points for the impeller assembly. There are many differences when comparing these pumps to one another, these are just two examples. We can all agree they are similar, just not the same.