PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI System

Jshakour
03/30/2013, 06:02 PM
Hello all,

I have purchased an 4 stage RO/DI system, I cleaned it, flushed it, added new media, flushed it again before adding the membrane. Once flushed, I added the membrane and flushed it again for good measure.

My question is this... in DI canister there seems to be a trickle of water in between the DI media canister and the canister holding the DI media. Do I not have the DI media canister seated properly? I have messed around with the water peasure but it doesnt seem to make much of a difference. I image the trickle of water should not be there, as it should pass through the DI media canister and not the outside of the media canister, or I could be work.

Any help is much appreciated.

disc1
03/30/2013, 07:28 PM
It trickles in on the outside and then goes back up the middle to get out. You can't see it going back up really, you only see the trickle on the outside. It isn't a problem, but if you loosen the DI canister a little and let the air purge out of it then it will go ahead and fill up like you think it should.

Jshakour
03/30/2013, 07:51 PM
ahhhh ok that makes sense!

Thank you for the reply!

It trickles in on the outside and then goes back up the middle to get out. You can't see it going back up really, you only see the trickle on the outside. It isn't a problem, but if you loosen the DI canister a little and let the air purge out of it then it will go ahead and fill up like you think it should.

powdertang05
03/30/2013, 07:51 PM
completely normal. no worries!