PDA

View Full Version : Have flatworms... What next?

SoFloReefer
03/31/2013, 08:07 AM
I noticed these things all over my tank today. I assume they are feeding on my zoanthids. Anyone seen this type before and do you think flatworm Exit will kill them off? Thanks!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/Frankwhite07/DSC03207.jpg

laf-reef
03/31/2013, 08:12 AM
Yes I've seen those before.... I have no experience with Flatworm Exit but I have seen a melanarus wrasse consume every last one of them in my 120

SoFloReefer
03/31/2013, 08:13 AM
I have a Possum wrasse. Doesn't seem to eat them.

LittleBurger
03/31/2013, 08:13 AM
I noticed these things all over my tank today. I assume they are feeding on my zoanthids. Anyone seen this type before and do you think flatworm Exit will kill them off? Thanks!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/Frankwhite07/DSC03207.jpgYes salifert flatworm exit will go the job definitely.

phenom5
03/31/2013, 08:39 AM
Yup, had them, got rid of them.

If you have a sump, get some tube and throw one end with a filter sock into the sump, and get a siphon going. Suck out as many as you can every day for about a week. If you don't have a sump, you can use an old 5g bucket or whatever you use for water changes.

After you do that, dose with Flatworm Exit. Follow the directions exactly...except the dosage amount. Double the dose.

7-10 days later, dose again, but triple the dosage.

Bye-bye flatworms. That's what I did after talking to the guy that use to run the Salifert forum here...can't remember his name. He advised that I up the dosage. Tank was a fully stocked, mixed reef, none of the corals/ fish/ cleanup crew even blinked at the treatment.

Misled
03/31/2013, 08:55 AM
What Rob said. And the guy's name is Habib. You want to remove as many alive as you possibly can prior to treating. It's the toxins produces when they die that creates the problem, not the treatment. Have carbon ready to run and some water made up in case you need to do a water change after the treatment.

rob28
03/31/2013, 09:08 AM
Agreed with tripple doseing with flatworm exit. Ive used it, works well but one app. is not enough.a second and 3rd treatment is the key.
I still have a few but my Six line wrasse is making short work of the remainder.

SoFloReefer
03/31/2013, 09:09 AM
Not problems with clams? I have a huge Squamosa Clam.