PDA

View Full Version : Falcula butterfly in reef tank

saltwater2999
03/31/2013, 10:04 AM
Just bought a falcula butterfly Monday and the person that sold it to me said that If I kept him well feed (twice a day) that I should have any problems with him nippling on my corals. When I looked online it says reef compatible :with caution. Should I return him or should he be fine if I feed him twice a day

Sk8r
03/31/2013, 10:35 AM
Depends on the fish, depends on you, depends on the species of coral.

saltwater2999
03/31/2013, 10:42 AM
As of right now I have a candy cane coral, flower pot coral,pipe organ coral, galaxia coral ,and a condylactis anenome Also a yellow tang and a clackii clown in there too. I deffiantly keep care of my tank Feed when I should. Watch change every week. I do maintaince each week like clock work.

fusica
04/10/2014, 01:45 PM
Mine 4" size falcula, just ate my mini-nem (mini maxi nem, pizza nem) nip at it bit by bit till its gone.
First day in the tank try to nip on acan, then he didn't like it i think. He left it alone never nip on them anymore.
They will nip on everything to taste it, it seems. And if he don't like it he leave it alone.
Nip on my Zoa and Paly too but didnt kill them or eat them, wierd.

snorvich
04/10/2014, 03:00 PM
They are unpredictable. If I were to guess, they would go after anemones and LPS corals as well as inverts such as shrimp.