PDA

View Full Version : anyone using this heater? Cobalt Aquatics Neo-therm

darb85
03/31/2013, 07:35 PM
Anyone using this heater? Review seem good, but wanted to see what some other reefers might think.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Cobalt_Aquatics_Neo_Therm_Aquarium_Heater_w_LED_Display_Aquarium_Electronic_Heaters-Cobalt_Aquatics-3C00208-FIHTEH-vi.html

I know, I Know:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

But the last heater I used was a Stealth Heater that I had no issues with but now getting back into it need a new one.

MrDonkey
03/31/2013, 07:48 PM
I am using it in my AIO nano. I have been using it for about a month. It seems accurate termperature-wise. Only negative is the suction cup holder. Kind of big. The back of my nano is so cramped that I use it without the holder.

Blind45503
03/31/2013, 10:13 PM
I use it keeps temp stable and is accurate. Had it for about a month now so cant so how reliable it is but Ive only read good things about them.

darb85
05/13/2013, 09:56 AM
Bought Two of these, I always do things like that, but they are really well designed, and it works really well, The suction cup things is great, but limited space people may be upset, it is a bigger heater, but it works well and heats water right where I want it.

chunk78
05/13/2013, 12:13 PM
tagging along

Quick_Ben
05/13/2013, 02:38 PM
After throwing away who knows how many lousy glass heaters I switched to the neotherms. Temp is easy to set and stays there. Easy to read once placed into the tank and mounts flatter than most. I use ranco controllers and titanium elements for the larger tanks and these for smaller quarantine or frag tanks. They are pricey but this is one of those rare cases where the price is actually worth it.

darb85
05/14/2013, 08:24 PM
I agree ben, I have 2 of the 100's on my 45 gallon water volume system. I know its over kill, but id rather have that, but I have been really impressed, system is dead nuts stable.

They can be had on Ebay for 50 bucks, so a bit cheaper than other sources.