PDA

View Full Version : Ro/DI system for Well Water

Chi Town Reefer
04/02/2013, 03:52 PM
Anyone using a RO/DI system that is on a well. Everything I'm reading seems to say they all work but I know that some work better than others so I want to find out which one works the best. Thanks.

tundra1000
04/02/2013, 03:58 PM
My BRS system works fine on my well. The only problem I have is the well water is very cold. Because of this I run the system off my bathroom sink so I can adjust temp to get good production. Keep in mind that every well is different. Mine is good clean water but some wells have excessive minerals and other contaminants that will chew up filter cartridges a lot faster.

-Matt

Yogre
04/03/2013, 06:41 AM
I'm on a well also. I have a Kent Maxxima unit in which I replaced the filters. I currently run a 5 micron prefilter, 1 micron prefilter, Dow Filmtec 75gpd membrane, and 2 DI resin post filters.

I run the micron filters to protect the membrane from the iron particulates in my water, which has seemed to work well, the membrane is 3 years old and still achieves 98+ % rejection. I also feed the unit with softened water, that probably helps as well.

I use a booster pump to deal with the cold water input, I'm not exactly sure what my production is but I think it's pretty close to the rated 75gpd, even with the cold feed water.

tom obrecht
04/03/2013, 07:28 AM
I think one important factor to look at first is to know what your water numbers currently are. I'm on a private well and have 1200 Tds numbers. I personally have to deal with co2 which burns do resin quickly. I have always trusted Spectapure and they have not only worked with my situation very well but have been very good at spending time answering all my questions. Many on these boards trust Spectrapure and feel their filters are the top of the line. My first step would be to test your water and see what your dealing with. Good luck!