PDA

View Full Version : Powerhead and refugium questions for nano tank.

Jonnyacrofeed
04/03/2013, 09:13 AM
I have a 28 gallon JBJ Nano cube intermediate led tank. I am looking for a power head to put in the tank that has the powercord on the outside of the tank with a magnet. The hood wont let me have a powerhead with a cord on the inside of the tank and most of the powerheads have it that way. I really dont want to spend 200+ dollars on a vortech are there any other pumps cheaper but like that? Also Is there a small refugium that I can hang on the back of this tank that will fit it? I plan on putting a Tunze 9200 protein skimmer with a modded collection cup in the overflow compartment of the tank. Thanks.

jenglese
04/03/2013, 09:29 AM
We have the same tank. I know the vortech mp 10 is over $200 dollars but believe me it is worth every penny. Got one last year the corals love the flow and it can be barely seen in the tank. If I was you I would invest in the mp 10

jfarris1976
04/03/2013, 10:01 AM
We have the same tank. I know the vortech mp 10 is over $200 dollars but believe me it is worth every penny. Got one last year the corals love the flow and it can be barely seen in the tank. If I was you I would invest in the mp 10

+1 I am wanting to get 1 for my 29g Bio

cedwards04
04/03/2013, 12:33 PM
Isn't there a knock off version of the vortecs now? might look into one of those if you can't fund the real one.

FishWrangler
04/03/2013, 12:38 PM
Isn't there a knock off version of the vortecs now? might look into one of those if you can't fund the real one.

i think its the Jebo WP40. I've read a few positive reviews on them.

cedwards04
04/03/2013, 01:57 PM
its been a while since i saw anything on them, but if i recall correctly they performed very well but didn't have the controlability of the vortec without some modifications. also i think the wp10 version is due out soon if im not mistaken.