PDA

View Full Version : Little Help... EB8 Status Solid Orange?

drummereef
04/03/2013, 09:25 PM
Don't know what's going on but both my EB8's status lights are solid orange. Tried everything... unplugged everything including from the wall to attempt a reset, rebooted Apex, re-installed firmware.

Any ideas?? All module lights including the base module are solid green.

aquamanic
04/04/2013, 05:08 AM
Are your EB's daisy chained - i.e. the second is plugged into the first? A solid yellow (I'm hoping you meant yellow because there is no orange) means it's waiting on getting its firmware from the controller.

Try plugging them into a different module from what they are now. you can also try to reverse which one is plugged in first vs. second. And you can try to just move the existing USB cable and plug it into different jacks on the EB8.

I'd suspect your problem is with the connection on the first EB8. Something's not right there.

drummereef
04/04/2013, 07:39 AM
Are your EB's daisy chained - i.e. the second is plugged into the first? A solid yellow (I'm hoping you meant yellow because there is no orange) means it's waiting on getting its firmware from the controller.

Try plugging them into a different module from what they are now. you can also try to reverse which one is plugged in first vs. second. And you can try to just move the existing USB cable and plug it into different jacks on the EB8.

I'd suspect your problem is with the connection on the first EB8. Something's not right there.

Yes, yellow (although it looks orange lol). They were daisy chained but have tried plugging the problem EB8 directly into the base unit but it didn't fix the issue. Also tried each USB port on the EB8 - no luck.

Do the EB8's store firmware or does only the base unit? The light is blinking yellow until I plug an Aquabus cable into it, then it turns solid yellow.

This all started after I added a PM1 module toy setup and was going through the module setup online to make sure it had been recognized. It's like the firmware in the EB8 was corrupted or something. Tried updating its firmware to no avail.

aquamanic
04/04/2013, 07:46 AM
The EB8's (in fact all the modules) have firmware in them. That controls the communications on the Aquabus as well as various functions the modules themselves perform. And from time to time, Neptune will update that software - if you look on the Module Status screen, each module will show either (OK) or (Old). Old means there's an update for that module.

There's nothing to setup a module - it's plug and play. Were you just looking at the PM1 via the module status page? Did you do anything to the EB8 (not that there's much to do)?

When you say you tried updating the firmware, did you try to update the firmware on the EB8 or the controller?

If you take the first EB8 offline (unplugged from the AB) and plug in the second EB8, does the controller recognize that second EB8 and give you a green status light?

What if you take that PM1 offline (unplug the AB) - does that change anything with the problem EB8 (or either EB8 for that matter)?

drummereef
04/04/2013, 08:01 AM
The EB8's (in fact all the modules) have firmware in them. That controls the communications on the Aquabus as well as various functions the modules themselves perform. And from time to time, Neptune will update that software - if you look on the Module Status screen, each module will show either (OK) or (Old). Old means there's an update for that module.

There's nothing to setup a module - it's plug and play. Were you just looking at the PM1 via the module status page? Did you do anything to the EB8 (not that there's much to do)?

When you say you tried updating the firmware, did you try to update the firmware on the EB8 or the controller?

If you take the first EB8 offline (unplugged from the AB) and plug in the second EB8, does the controller recognize that second EB8 and give you a green status light?

What if you take that PM1 offline (unplug the AB) - does that change anything with the problem EB8 (or either EB8 for that matter)?

I updated the firmware multiple times on the controller to see if I could get it to recognize. Even reinitialized the controller and started from scratch, then reloaded my saved program. I don't believe I tried to update the firmware on the EB8, just was checking to see if everything was recognized and "OK".

I can get one of my EB8's to function, no issue. Solid green light and seems to be working OK. I've taken ALL my modules offline at this point to try and diagnose the issue but doesn't seem to make any difference. Right now I just have my controller and one EB8 plugged in. :confused:

Is there anyway to flash the EB8's firmware when the status light on it is solid yellow?

aquamanic
04/04/2013, 08:06 AM
Sounds like the firmware in that EB8 is messed up somehow.

Plug it back in to the AB.

From the module setup screen, make sure it's recognized. Then select it and also select the 'update firmware' radio button. Then press 'module change'. You should see a progress indicator but sometimes that doesn't display. Give it a couple of minutes and watch the status light on it. Reboot the controller if the EB8 doesn't turn green after a minute or two.

drummereef
04/05/2013, 12:16 PM
Sounds like the firmware in that EB8 is messed up somehow.

Plug it back in to the AB.

From the module setup screen, make sure it's recognized. Then select it and also select the 'update firmware' radio button. Then press 'module change'. You should see a progress indicator but sometimes that doesn't display. Give it a couple of minutes and watch the status light on it. Reboot the controller if the EB8 doesn't turn green after a minute or two.

Thanks aquamanic. After trying all the above solutions, nothing worked. So I called Neptune and spoke to a Tech. They were able to remotely fix the issue and get everything operational. But unfortunately it looks like my Display Module was to blame - it was causing multiple system errors. So I'm sending it back for repair ASAP. Thanks for the help again, much appreciated. :)