PDA

View Full Version : Oh no :/ gbta nem problem,

Klnsheree
04/04/2013, 07:10 AM
Oh no! I just hit a green bta nem yesterday and this morning when we turned the light on the dang thing was upside down in. The sand. Turn it over and it's completely deflated with its mouth and a light tan ball inside it
Why was it upside down and is it ok?

Klnsheree
04/04/2013, 07:27 AM
And I can't get it to attach its foot to anything. So I finally got it somoewhere where it can attach if it wants but until then won't get rolled by current

Klnsheree
04/04/2013, 07:34 AM
*got not hit

worm5406
04/04/2013, 08:21 AM
TURN THE FLOW OFF. (or down really low)

Let is determine where IT wants to go. You can place it all day long but it will determine where it wants to stay based on flow and light.

You can try putting a strawberry grate/cage around it so it gets flow and stays in one spot, but that does not mean it will stay there.

y0ung0ne
04/04/2013, 08:34 AM
+1 to what worm said let them find there own place otherwise they will just move once you turn everything back on.

Klnsheree
04/04/2013, 08:46 AM
The only reason I moved it myself was because it kept getting rolled around. The flow is pretty low already. I just didn't think it was good for it to be face down in the sand and it doesn't even have its foot out. Like when it's upside down you can see even its back is sucked in.

Klnsheree
04/04/2013, 08:48 AM
This is what it looks like right now

worm5406
04/04/2013, 09:09 AM
Ohh was just saying that it needs to find a good spot... yeah help it get close to the rock and dial the flow down a bit until it gets it foot attached so it does not get blown around.

Klnsheree
04/04/2013, 09:17 AM
Ok thanks!
I just wish it wouldn't have let go!
It was doing great last night! Foot attached to the rock and the clown was with it.
It looked like a very healthy anemone. And today it doesn't. I'm hoping once the light have been on long enough it will perk back up.

Big Dave PDX
04/04/2013, 03:31 PM
BTAs like to have their foot in a hole in a rock so they can pull in and hide out. With my new BTAs I like to find a hole or crevice that isn't in direct light and stick them in there foot first and they can kind of self adjust themselves to the light. Works like a charm for me but not all tanks are the same as far as flow, lighting, etc...