PDA

View Full Version : 225 Gallon Tank Lighting options

ChrisKirkland
04/04/2013, 01:44 PM
I am looking to go LED on my New 225 Gallon Deep Sea Aquatics Tank. The tank is 72X27X27. Give me some ideas I am new to LED. I will be keeping SPS, LPS, and some softies, definitely want enough light to grow SPS successfully anywhere in the tank.

ReachTheSky
04/04/2013, 01:46 PM
What is your budget?

ChrisKirkland
04/04/2013, 01:54 PM
Budget is open, want to do this right but dont want to spend way to much. I have been looking at the Maxspec Razor R420R 160w and getting 2 of these. I just am looking for other options too.

ReachTheSky
04/04/2013, 02:19 PM
Three 160w Razor's in a [] [] [] configuration will be a lot better.

If that's straining, Reef Breeders makes some pretty decent budget LED kits.You could also get three Radion Pros but they might leave a few dead spots in the front/rear. GHL Mitras are widely regarded as the Lamborghini of LED fixtures and three of them in a configuration similar to the Razors above will likely give you the best possible growth/coverage of any LED setup.

Reefnation.Jon
04/04/2013, 02:24 PM
Evergrow LEDS are nice and budget friendly. I have 3 over my 180. More than enough light.

ChrisKirkland
04/04/2013, 02:40 PM
Three 160w Razor's in a [] [] [] configuration will be a lot better.

If that's straining, Reef Breeders makes some pretty decent budget LED kits.You could also get three Radion Pros but they might leave a few dead spots in the front/rear. GHL Mitras are widely regarded as the Lamborghini of LED fixtures and three of them in a configuration similar to the Razors above will likely give you the best possible growth/coverage of any LED setup.

Ok so 3 Razors would be a little too much. Never heard of reef breeders, any thoughts? Price is right but how do they perform. Also Bridgelux Vs. Cree whos better? Looking in the price range of $1000 or less.

Reefnation.Jon
04/04/2013, 02:44 PM
Cree's are said to be roughly 20% brighter per watt. Most people dont run their LED's at 100% though. There is a very good thread on RC relating to Chinese LED's. Have a look.

ChrisKirkland
04/04/2013, 02:48 PM
Cree's are said to be roughly 20% brighter per watt. Most people dont run their LED's at 100% though. There is a very good thread on RC relating to Chinese LED's. Have a look.

I will research that.