PDA

View Full Version : T5 combo for a Radium look... Possible?

Tigé21v
04/05/2013, 11:33 PM
First off, I apologize for posting a question that I am sure has been asked a dozen times before. I did a search her on RC, but couldn't come up with an answer.
I have an ATI 6x54 watt fixture, and I'd really like to duplicate the color of Radiums driven on the good ol ANSI-M80 ballast- that crisp white light they are known for.
Is it possible? What bulb combination would I need?

Zstriker
04/06/2013, 12:44 AM
Having experience with both the radium 250 SE and a 6 bulb sunpower, I would likely use 3 blue pluses, 2 coral pluses, and 1 aquablue....this - IMO, this would look very close to a radium run on magnetic....if running radiums on electronic, hence more blue look, I'd probably run 3 blue pluses and 3 coral pluses.

Whatever bulbs you choose, I find the coral plus to match the radium the most....so include at least 2 of those.

Good luck!

Treg
04/06/2013, 08:14 PM
I run two 250w Radium on Sunlight Supply HQI ballast.

For my supplementing T5 I use two 54w Giesemann Actinic+ and two 54w Giesemann Aquablue+.
The color of the tank doesn't change a lot when the Radiums are off or on, which is what I wanted. Of course it looks better when the Radiums are on though. :cool: