PDA

View Full Version : ID Please

treedog5
04/06/2013, 05:15 PM
Got this one piece of live rock from someone, had it for about 2 weeks and now this shows up. This is in my new tank with only a small CUC right now..
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/nazepyre.jpg
Sent from my Galaxy S 3...

Anemone
04/06/2013, 06:10 PM
Aiptasia anemone - a pest. Will grow to about the size of a quarter, but by the time it gets that big, it will have a dozen children in your tank. Do a search, there are a number of ways to kill them, including kalkwasser paste, Aiptasia X, burning them off the rock with flame (I'm serious), and others.

Good luck.

Kevin

surgy
04/06/2013, 06:15 PM
isnt it hard to light a fire underwater? lol j/k j/k...... not really, how do you burn a live rock without killing everything in it first? if your going to kill the whole thing you might as well toss it in your backyard and but a new rock!

Anemone
04/06/2013, 06:35 PM
isnt it hard to light a fire underwater? lol j/k j/k...... not really, how do you burn a live rock without killing everything in it first? if your going to kill the whole thing you might as well toss it in your backyard and but a new rock!

People pull the live rock out of the water and use a small butane torch to spot burn the aips. It's actually pretty effective. :D

Kevin

whiteshark
04/06/2013, 06:49 PM
What else is on the rock? Salt?

treedog5
04/06/2013, 07:35 PM
No that's sand on the rock. I just repositioned my power head and it made a sand storm.. ok sounds like I will get the torch out then.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3...

Reefer_Addickt
04/07/2013, 01:01 PM
You can also chip the rock out from under it and throw it out.

rayn
04/07/2013, 01:13 PM
People pull the live rock out of the water and use a small butane torch to spot burn the aips. It's actually pretty effective. :D

Kevin

Now where have I been and why haven't I heard this before?! Gonna get a torch today!