PDA

View Full Version : Reef Octopus 5000 external jammed up and broken afyer 2 days

Newjack2005
04/08/2013, 09:28 AM
Bought this piece of junk 2 days ago ran great at first now it jammed up and not making any bubbles i bubble blaster pump is shot already

biecacka
04/08/2013, 09:57 AM
Ouch

Have you contacted the place you bought it to see what warranty is out there for you? I'd start there first.....
Corey

Newjack2005
04/08/2013, 10:17 AM
Already did already did they're going to get me another bubble blaster pump you know I bought this thing thinking had a good name not wanting any issues just my luck breaks like a cheap products

ridetheducati
04/08/2013, 03:08 PM
Already did already did they're going to get me another bubble blaster pump you know I bought this thing thinking had a good name not wanting any issues just my luck breaks like a cheap products

Say again.

Phishguy
04/08/2013, 03:32 PM
There is not a single brand or product etc in this world that is without a chance of failure.. Relax... So many people have these skimmers there are bound to be a few bad ones... What matters, like with any product, is the service you get when something does go wrong and it sounds like whoever you bought it from is on top of that..

~Jon~

Dmorty217
04/08/2013, 03:47 PM
If you think super reef octopus is junk then I'm not sure what you plan on buyin to replace it. They will send you a new one for free so I guess be happy you bought new!

Newjack2005
04/08/2013, 07:42 PM
I know im just frustrated with my bad luck becsuse this will now so slow my addition of fish and cycling process. I contacted salty supply today and they said they would contact reef octopus and possibly have them contact me so hopefully this matter will be resolved in a few days

xxvietxjustinxx
04/08/2013, 07:49 PM
I know im just frustrated with my bad luck becsuse this will now so slow my addition of fish and cycling process. I contacted salty supply today and they said they would contact reef octopus and possibly have them contact me so hopefully this matter will be resolved in a few days

If you get this upset over tiny little things like this and have this little patience for your tank to begin, you're in for some tough times in the future.

benjc
04/08/2013, 08:06 PM
I'm confused; you bought something that broke almost immediately (that sucks), and when you called to tell them about the problem, they told you they were going to send you a replacement. What exactly did they do wrong?

bullitr
04/08/2013, 08:40 PM
Also are you sure nothing in the snails or foreign object it the pump

Newjack2005
04/08/2013, 09:10 PM
I pulled I completely apart with salty supply in the line must of just been been a faulty bubble blaster pump and I was just venting at the time when you pay good money for a good product you expect everything to work properly so I was upset at the time.

bullitr
04/08/2013, 09:23 PM
I pulled I completely apart with salty supply in the line must of just been been a faulty bubble blaster pump and I was just venting at the time when you pay good money for a good product you expect everything to work properly so I was upset at the time.

Even great product can failed
I bought 2 brand new 6215 and failed 2 weeks later
It sucks that I have to send the unit to roger but it happens

psykobowler
04/09/2013, 11:45 AM
I have the reef octopus xp-5000 cone. I purchased it when it first came out. I had issues with 3 bubble blaster 5000 pumps already but Coralvue was quick to replace them. You can't beat a 3 year warranty on a skimmer pump. I have not had any problems with the 3rd pump and for some reason the 2nd pump started working again. I also purchased a backup bb5000 when I had some extra cash so i have 2 backup pumps just in case. My suggestion is for you to get a backup pump so your skimmer is never idle. Plus you can swap pumps whenever you clean pumps. The ro cone skimmers skim very well and I could not be happier with my purchase.

Osteoclast
04/09/2013, 05:36 PM
I agree. They have good support and good products. I now have 2 spare BB 10ks just in case for my SRO 8000 xp. I keep extra HCl also for emergency cleaning.

Newjack2005
04/10/2013, 06:51 PM
very good advice guys are keeping an extra pump when I have some extra cash I'm definitely going to do that

geaux xman
04/11/2013, 08:17 AM

Sounds like your tank is still cycling. Not having the skimmer running wont hurt a thing.

jjk_reef00
04/11/2013, 07:51 PM
Sounds like your tank is still cycling. Not having the skimmer running wont hurt a thing.

+1 I personally think it is better not to run the skimmer while cycling the tank

Newjack2005
04/13/2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks for all the input guys the tank is currently cycling however I did add a hundred pounds of live rock cured which did cycle a tank fairly fast I'm supposedly going to receive the new bubble blaster pump tomorrow or hopefully on Monday I will update.

Adam G
04/13/2013, 07:54 PM
Glad to see resolution to your issue. This stuff happens all the time with the type of equiptment we use. In a way a good lesson at the outset for you and a good reminder for those of us that have read this thread: S..t happens, be ready for it.

Newjack2005
04/13/2013, 11:10 PM
With this hobby we all spend so much money so when things break you get stressed out and want to vent especially the product that has excellent reviews by many owners it's like buying a Chevy or Ford when you buy Chevy or you buy a Ford you know what you're getting but when you buy a Cadillac or you buy a Lincoln you expect a higher standard hence why I was a little frustrated. My only complaint was that reef octopus did not send the replacement pump faster.

Ducati659
07/07/2013, 08:35 PM
Even great product can failed
I bought 2 brand new 6215 and failed 2 weeks later
It sucks that I have to send the unit to roger but it happens

My mate's dad has a Rolls Royce Phantom - it broke down. **** happens :lmao:

I just bought one of these skimmers - why I stumbled on the thread, but I'm more than confident in Reef Octopus's gear.. looking forward to firing up this bad boy.. only thing is I may have bought a pump a tough too big for it.. Eheim 1262 (3200 l/h)