PDA

View Full Version : Replaced my Vortech MP10 bearings...WOW SUPER QUIET!!!

sahin
04/08/2013, 02:38 PM
Some time ago I had to sleep in my living room due to many guests staying over. Well I hated it...I couldnt stand the noise from my two Vortech MP10's. One is a previous gen vortech and the other is the newer version.

Anyway, I had to turn the flow to very low and on constant flow, just so that I could sleep.

Both were VERY noisy. Louder than my ATI Sunpower fans in fact. I could even hear the noise from other rooms.

I did replace one bearing from the older gen MP10, but the replacement was only slightly better, even though it wasnt a cheap bearing.

So, I lucked out this time and found some cheap bearings on the UK ebay site.

I replaced the bearings on the older gen MP10 a few nights ago and just replaced the bearings on the newer one about an hour ago.

WOW. They are so quiet. Very happy MP10 owner now. :D

The bearings I bought were: 7 x 14 x 5 - 687ZZ miniature bearings.

dancewithethan
04/08/2013, 03:20 PM
Can you provide links where you got your bearings? THx

EM

sahin
04/08/2013, 04:15 PM
Can you provide links where you got your bearings? THx

EM

Not sure if I am allowed to post ebay links? Dont want to get banned or anything LOL.

I will PM you.

Clownin Aroun
04/08/2013, 07:07 PM
wonder what this does to warranty?

docstomper
04/08/2013, 07:18 PM
Probably nothing because they are the same bearings... Lol. Like when a company changes o-rings into square-rings so they can charge 15.00 for one.

sahin
04/09/2013, 12:50 AM
It will most likely void your warranty. But then if it's under warranty, why on earth would you go to the trouble of repairing yourself, send to Ecotech; they have excellent service.

Both my pumps are out of warranty. The old gen is probably nearing 3 years old and the new gen is probably around 1.5 years old. We get 1 year warranty in the UK.