PDA

View Full Version : cyano with good water params?

PiscesTank
04/09/2013, 12:20 PM
Hi all,

Today i have a question, my params are:

sp gr: 1.024
Ammonia: 0
NitrItes: 0
NitrAtes: 1-2 (color card API)
pH: 8.1
these are the tests i have

why do i have cyano? the areas i am getting are out in the open too, not hidden behind rocks. it doesnt look to be growing rapidly but its just always there. i try not to over feed, and what food that does fall to the bottum the decorator crab grabs and sticks to himself, so i cant pull it off. (i tried and its really on there).

uny2bld
04/09/2013, 12:24 PM
Hi all,

Today i have a question, my params are:

sp gr: 1.024
Ammonia: 0
NitrItes: 0
NitrAtes: 1-2 (color card API)
pH: 8.1
these are the tests i have

why do i have cyano? the areas i am getting are out in the open too, not hidden behind rocks. it doesnt look to be growing rapidly but its just always there. i try not to over feed, and what food that does fall to the bottum the decorator crab grabs and sticks to himself, so i cant pull it off. (i tried and its really on there).

I have heard of this before. What is probably happening is that you do in fact have something going on with your params but you aren't seeing it bc the algae is absorbing it immediately...

I'd follow regular proceedure to get rid of it and see if it works

PiscesTank
04/09/2013, 12:26 PM
im wondering if something is going on with the flow, maybe its swirling and missing that spot, or just not high enough there

Sk8r
04/09/2013, 12:33 PM
Cyano exists somewhat independent of water params, except that it's wet, and lighted. It comes and it goes. Sunlight helps it grow. Old bulbs create conditions for it. Go to the newbie forum and read how to treat it. It's an easy fix, granted you have a decent skimmer.

richiero
04/12/2013, 09:11 AM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2279039

richiero
04/12/2013, 09:12 AM
do this once every month...