PDA

View Full Version : Apex problem

FNHFan
04/09/2013, 09:13 PM
This is kind of hard to describe and make sense, so, bear with me. Up until this past week, everything was working fine as far as my lighting is concerned. I had my lights set to AUTO mode, and, according to the programming, which I have not changed since setting it up a year ago, they will come on and go off at the scheduled times. If I manually override the settings by turning my lights to ON mode, or manually turn them off by switching to OFF, they will indeed turn on or off as they should. But, when I revert to AUTO mode again, if the lights are ON they will indeed go off if they are supposed to be off at that time, BUT, if I should manually turn them OFF and then switch back to AUTO mode, during hours that they are supposed to be ON, the lights will not come back on unless I manually first turn them ON, and then slide the control to AUTO mode again. They will then turn off automatically at their scheduled time. As I stated, I have changed none of the programming statements that have been working for me the last year. I am using the most up to date firmware. My lights are an 8 bulb TEK T5 fixture.

kurt_n
04/09/2013, 10:00 PM
Probably best to post the programming for your lighting outlets.

sanababit
04/10/2013, 01:26 AM
Could it be the fallback, i read that this option is when power goes off and comes back on, the lights will wait a certain period of time before turning back on, i did the same thing, my lights where in auto mode, and i wanted to turn them off because i wanted to show them off to a friend, and the on schedule has been running for a couple of hours, anyways, turned them off and on the slider option shows that they are off, when i pushed the slider to the auto option, the lights didnt come on and on the slider it still said off, i said wth, but waited a little while and the lights came on

Sana

aquamanic
04/10/2013, 06:47 AM
Do you have a Min Time or Defer statement in your lights outlet program? It's going to be one of those.

Sana - it's not Fallback - Fallback is what state do you want the outlet to be in if the EBx can't talk to the controller.

FNHFan
04/10/2013, 07:20 AM
Do you have a Min Time or Defer statement in your lights outlet program? It's going to be one of those.

Sana - it's not Fallback - Fallback is what state do you want the outlet to be in if the EBx can't talk to the controller.

I do have a min time statement....after the statement that tells the system to turn off the lights in the case of temperature rising to 81 degrees.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/10/usyru8ed.jpg

aquamanic
04/10/2013, 07:45 AM
So that means any time the outlet goes to OFF, whether that be because of the temp > 82 or you putting the outlet to manual OFF, it's going to wait 30 minutes to start. That's your problem.

Just remove that statement. The lights will still stay off if the temp is > 82.

sanababit
04/10/2013, 08:06 AM

Lol, i have a lot to learn, jejeje, so what does the defer statement do?, thanks for the help

Sana

aquamanic
04/10/2013, 08:18 AM
The Defer keeps the outlet from changing state now. So it would keep it from going OFF or ON for a particular amount of time but once it did, it could immediately change state again.

The Min Time keeps the outlet in a certain state once it changes. So once it goes OFF, it keeps it OFF for a certain amount of time before letting it change state again.

FNHFan
04/10/2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks, Al!