View Full Version : Need help to ID these things.

04/11/2013, 11:32 PM
Ive seen these before, but now I'm seeing more of them around my overflow, before I would see them on glass in sump. What do they feed on? Are they hitchhikers? Should I remove them? Any input would be appreciated , thanks.

04/12/2013, 02:52 AM
They look like limpets - if they are they should be harmless grazers. I have some in my refugium that came in as hitchhikers.

04/12/2013, 12:54 PM
The picture is not the best...I guess limpets or chitons. Both are harmless and should be left alone.

04/12/2013, 06:53 PM
Looks like limpets. At least the ones that are large enough to tell the exact shape LOL. Limpets look like volcanos, chitons look like pill bugs (roly polys).

04/12/2013, 09:11 PM
thank you all , they do have a volcano shape shell… so i guess limpets it is.. thanks again guys.