PDA

View Full Version : Jk

rtparty
04/12/2013, 08:21 AM
:D hope my new system is here soon.

Mark Bianco
04/12/2013, 02:54 PM
Alright Ryan, Getting closer to that perfect aquarium.

rtparty
04/13/2013, 09:04 AM
Alright Ryan, Getting closer to that perfect aquarium.

It took me over a dozen vendors to find one! What's the deal? Why can't Neptune keep up with demand?

I was told by multiple vendors the wait would be 8+ weeks. I almost went reef angel because my tank is just sitting here waiting on the apex, return pump and ro/di unit. Everything should be here this week though!

Mark Bianco
04/14/2013, 06:45 AM
Ryan,

I am just guessing here but it is tax return time and I think the whole industry was surprised this year. Alot of people are buying new tanks and upgrades such as the Apex. It's not limited to the Apex, I am helping a couple of friends that want to set up a large reef tanks and some items like Reeflo pumps, Tunze, and led lighting have long wait times. Granted 8 weeks is a long lead time.

rtparty
04/14/2013, 12:48 PM
Mark, I can see that point. It still blows my mind though. A product as good as the apex and its growing popularity should be available quicker than what I was quoted. At least in my opinion.

How many customers are they losing because people aren't willing to wait? Every other controller is in stock from what I could find.

On a side note, the guy who built my tank had like 8 other tanks curing and told me he had about 6 more on order. Gotta love tax returns!

kurt_n
04/14/2013, 06:05 PM
How many customers are they losing because people aren't willing to wait? Every other controller is in stock from what I could find...

There could be a reason all the others are still in stock!

rtparty
04/14/2013, 06:08 PM
There could be a reason all the others are still in stock!

Oh I know why they're in stock: they are second place.

I'm just happy I found one somewhere. Had I not, reef angel would be on its way.

rtparty
04/18/2013, 11:42 AM
Apex is here....:hmm2:

25+ pages read and I'm nowhere closer than I was when I opened the box. Definite learning curve from reef keeper lite.

Mark Bianco
04/21/2013, 07:49 PM
Apex is here....:hmm2:

25+ pages read and I'm nowhere closer than I was when I opened the box. Definite learning curve from reef keeper lite.

Ryan,

Its been a couple of days haven't heard anything. How's the reading and programming going?

Mark