PDA

View Full Version : Reef Breeders LED's

Gagonzalez
04/12/2013, 06:41 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Reef Breeders LED's?

Wondering how good they are and if they are comparable to a Radion or Maxspect Razor?

Bigcefa
04/12/2013, 08:26 PM
Do a search my man

Ron Reefman
04/12/2013, 08:26 PM
I got a Radion and it's GREAT. But at $750 I can't afford the 5 of them I'd need for my 2 DT's. That's $3700... YIKES!

So I get 2 EverGrow (btw, EG makes the Reef Breeders lights) IT2080's and an IT2040 and they cost a total of well under $1000 total. And they work great. They run WAY cooler than my Radion. And I don't have to hook up a freaking computer to it to make changes. And the PAR values are as good or better (and yes, I have a PAR meter).

Here is the kicker. A 1" frag of birdsnest with just 3 tiny bumps at the growing end gets hung by a string under the new leds late in December. Today it is over 3.5" in diameter and has more than 40 growing tips! You tell me, can a radion or AI or Maxspect do any better?

They run as good as any high dollar fixture. They have the PAR of any high dollar fixture. You can order your own color layout (it's like DIY) try that with the overpriced brands. Oh, and they cost 1/2 to 1/3 of what the overpriced brands sell for. As word spreads on EverGrow lights, their share of the market will grow by leaps and bounds!

Gagonzalez
04/13/2013, 06:47 PM
Thank You for the comments. I also like that they come with a 2yr warranty as well. Maxspect, Radion, Kessil, I don't think any of them come with any more than 1yr. Thanks again!

Jstdv8
04/13/2013, 07:26 PM
I can't wait to get mine. I'm in on the group buy happening till the 20th
The photons are pretty awesome for the money.

Gagonzalez
04/13/2013, 08:39 PM
What is the group buy and how much is a photon 16?

Jstdv8
04/13/2013, 08:53 PM
Go to the reefbreeders forum.
I'm not sure, but it's gonna be rediculous cheap.
Actually at retail they are rediculous cheap.
I'm getting 2 16's and I think it's going to be about 260 each shipped to my door.

moondoggy4
04/14/2013, 12:59 AM
Does anyone have any experience with Reef Breeders LED's?

Wondering how good they are and if they are comparable to a Radion or Maxspect Razor?
HOw big is the tank? What will you be keeping? Lots of information on these lights.

HBPat
04/14/2013, 07:24 AM
What is the group buy and how much is a photon 16?

I was in the first GB and just got the photon 16 delivered to my door for $260. Fantastic light for a great price.

Gagonzalez
04/14/2013, 11:43 PM
It will be used for a 50g Cad Lights Artisan II Cube. 24x24x20

reeftivo
04/15/2013, 05:33 AM
I've ordered the photon 16 for my cad39. Hopefully I'll get it within 2 to 3 weeks. If you get the photon 16 you may want to get the 120 optics. I'm sure others will chime in though.

zoous
04/15/2013, 05:42 AM
I recently received my photon 32 last month. I was really surprised with the quality and the lights are really quite amazing. At night all of my corals pop with lots of colors. Even includes a remote control. You can't beat the price.

PrangeWay
04/15/2013, 08:28 AM
I've had mine for about 6 weeks now won't know for sure for 2 or 3 more months how everything takes to it, but I run mine at a full 100/100 at peak (I own a par meter which makes lighting switches MUCH smoother).

Currently everything that is established looks fine, and some new sps frags I moved in for some LPS I moved to another tank show growth, will take some time to see how they color.

Build Wise: I was very, very impressed. Its a solid, well thought out design and is cool to the touch, which shows good thermal planning.

Other: The most important part for me was that I wanted bank lighting. The idea of takes a point light source and further "pointing" it into pucks seems counter productive, also grouping heat sensitive (and generating) leds, as close as possible as pucks also just seems likes a poor design choice with current led performance well suited for bank arrays.

PW

Mtwreef
04/15/2013, 08:29 AM
I just ordered mine should be here today r tomorrow can't wait after all the reasons and research I have done I can't see spending all that money on any other light just my opinion