PDA

View Full Version : Aquacultured Cleanup Crew

Byh20
04/13/2013, 12:14 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of vendors selling aquacultured reef cleaners? This is for an eco-friendly display with nothing taken from the wild. And please share any experiences you've had with these vendors. Thanks!

MellowReefer
04/13/2013, 12:58 PM
Never heard of it, and if a google search turned up nothing I don't have any ideas for you. I just want to say I admire your discipline and good luck with your tank!

saf1
04/13/2013, 02:02 PM
Check out indo pacific sea farms. They will have what you are looking for has everything is captive. I've ordered from them multiple times and everything arrives alive and you always get a few samples. Even their reef / coral food is engineered and made locally.

I ordered recently the micro hermits, strombus snails, clams, gold leather, and something else which is escaping me now - oh, nerite snails.

rssjsb
04/13/2013, 02:17 PM
Liveaquaria sells aquacultured invertibrates, but they're out of stock a lot.

saf1
04/13/2013, 02:20 PM
Liveaquaria sells aquacultured invertibrates, but they're out of stock a lot.

Totally unrelated I guess but since I saw your avatar just wondering if you dive in Ca at all? Love Monterey. Heading down South here over the summer to check out some of the area's.

Zimmer
04/13/2013, 11:34 PM
Check out indo pacific sea farms. They will have what you are looking for has everything is captive. I've ordered from them multiple times and everything arrives alive and you always get a few samples. Even their reef / coral food is engineered and made locally.

I ordered recently the micro hermits, strombus snails, clams, gold leather, and something else which is escaping me now - oh, nerite snails.

^yes! i have ordered from them as well, there was a hiccup in shipping but not their fault and everything still arrived looking great! i got bristle worms, snails, hermits, etc.... very satisfied!