PDA

View Full Version : question for electronic/led guru's

nemosworld
04/17/2013, 11:26 AM
I was looking into a controller for my led system, and read all the adruino builds, but i just did not like the way they were looking, with all the board stacking and bread boards etc, then i remembered someone mentioning in another thread something about analog to digital conversion for drivers that utilizes pots.

i did a quick google search and found these:
http://www.relaypros.com/Relay/Device/POT8PROXR?gclid=CI_q6L2Z0rYCFRMZnQodGwYA9g

my question is, using a old laptop i have laying around, can i use this to control analog led arrays?
better yet, could i use this to control meanwell LDD's? I have an old laptop laying around.

just thinking out loud, i really want a nice simple 8 channel led controller without all the extra stuff, which someone would creat something simple to use with the ldd's, similar to the controllers on some of these chinese led fixtures and the Ai's. just dimming, timing and ramping, i don't need cloud etc, LOL!

warfanax
04/18/2013, 11:51 PM
Dont you need a specific software to run that?

I still believe even if you use laptop as a controller you would still need an Arduino device to convert these usb data from laptop drivers imo.

nemosworld
04/19/2013, 05:05 PM
maybe so, i changed my configuration around on my led build and will just use a typhon for now. then later on maybe i'll try the jarduino. i only need a led controller, not a full blown reef controller.