PDA

View Full Version : Met very nice Asian lady today

Megatrev62
04/17/2013, 06:58 PM
Thought I'd mention a nice encounter I had today. Was at the local grocer and was in the Asian section looking for some Nori. There was a lady making sushi and asked if she could help me. I told her what I was looking for and why I wanted it.

Well, she went under the counter and handed me 30 sheets of it, and said,"you come back when need for fish again". There are nice people in this World still. Thought I'd share.

SushiGirl
04/17/2013, 07:00 PM
How very nice!

blackbeltmom
04/17/2013, 07:01 PM
That is very nice.

MARINECRITTERS
04/17/2013, 07:03 PM
Nice score, Did you make sure there was no salts and other seasonings on it?

bearpeidog
04/17/2013, 07:07 PM
Kind of reminds me when I walked into a local gas station (which I don't usually stop at) and got a cup of coffee. Walk up to the register and she asks me if that was it, I said yes, she said, ok, Merry Christmas! I stood there and said Merry Christmas to you too. Then she had to spell it out - the coffee was free :)

I left thinking, wow, that was nice and it really did make me happy. I could care less about the cost of the coffee - just the gesture made my day!

Megatrev62
04/17/2013, 07:11 PM
Kind of reminds me when I walked into a local gas station (which I don't usually stop at) and got a cup of coffee. Walk up to the register and she asks me if that was it, I said yes, she said, ok, Merry Christmas! I stood there and said Merry Christmas to you too. Then she had to spell it out - the coffee was free :)

I left thinking, wow, that was nice and it really did make me happy. I could care less about the cost of the coffee - just the gesture made my day!
Exactly, just a kind gesture that makes you feel good.

d2mini
04/17/2013, 07:14 PM
I thought this story was going to end with a "happy ending". :D

Megatrev62
04/17/2013, 07:16 PM
Really didn't know what to say regarding a heading?....lol

ACBlinky
04/17/2013, 07:19 PM
Feed the fish some nori, take a really good picture of them nom-nomming, print it out, and take it to her. Sign it like a celebrity would, with a complimentary message about the store and/or product; she'll be touched, people who come in will think someone famous shops there and nori sales will triple, and you'll have free fish food for life :D

hibb304
04/17/2013, 10:28 PM
I thought this story was going to end with a "happy ending". :D

Nice. :lmao:

neuro
04/17/2013, 11:26 PM
Feed the fish some nori, take a really good picture of them nom-nomming, print it out, and take it to her. Sign it like a celebrity would, with a complimentary message about the store and/or product; she'll be touched, people who come in will think someone famous shops there and nori sales will triple, and you'll have free fish food for life :D

That's an excellent idea!

brandon429
04/17/2013, 11:32 PM
In my minds eye she was attractive for some reason
Cool story. You shop at cool markets.