PDA

View Full Version : Powder blue tang help

g8rorchid
04/18/2013, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone!

I started a thread about this tang a couple of weeks ago. He was doing great, eating and active and no signs of ich. A couple of weeks later, he was having difficulty opening his mouth. A day or two later, he face had what looked like bumps and peeling skin. His pectoral fins looked a little frayed. After some advice, I went ahead and did 2 rounds of the Furan. He was doing great and then 2 days ago I noticed one of his pectoral fins was starting to have the shredded/beat up look to it again. Then the following day his other fin began looking shredded and his tail has what looks like a bite taken out of it or like it got burned. Could 2 rounds not have been enough?? Does he need a stronger antibiotic? A totally different type of treatment? Am I not dealing with a bacterial infection anymore?? Please please help, I don't know what else to do.

Here are a couple of pics from today, they aren't the best but hopefully someone will know. couldn't get a good picture.

Thanks for your help!

coral_lagoon
04/18/2013, 05:46 PM
Does he twitch his head, or scratch?

HumbleFish
04/18/2013, 05:57 PM
Damn, that tail looks nasty. You might want to try using a different kind of antibiotic - I read just today someone had a good experience with "Maracyn Plus". A erythromycin/minocycline combo would be another option. Maybe even something topical (for the tail). Also *and please don't take this the wrong way* but the water he is in looks kind of cloudy/dirty to me. Maybe it's just algae on the glass. But it's imperative that a fish be kept in clean, clean water while fighting off an infection.