PDA

View Full Version : Redoing a previous DIY led for my tank

bacnberger
04/20/2013, 08:00 AM
I purchased a DIY led setup with two heatsinks having 36 3w cree leds on each with 90 degree optics(18 cool white and 18 royal blue) powered by 3 meanwell dimmable drivers for each heatsink. Before I set these up on my 120gal 60" tank I was considering some color changes by at least changing some rb to uv. The drivers were also set up so that each heatsink was dimmable and I wanted to rewire to have separate dimming for whites and blues. Any advice on color changes for blues, adding 1 red and green per heatsink and wiring recommendations would be appreciated.

Chrisjbarry
04/20/2013, 08:18 AM
For a 60" tank I would do min of 60 leds. On my 105 48" tank I am running 96 leds. 28 mixed whites 4500k and 6500k, 28 mixed RB, NB each on there own dimmers. Then the rest is a mix with 6 reds, 8 UVs, 6 green, 8 cyan, 6 RB, 6 NB these are all on the same dimmer. This allows me 3 separate colors to be dimmed. I get great growth on my floor bed all the way up to the top. You can look up some of my builds on here if you want to see others I have done.

Sent from inside the shark tank!