PDA

View Full Version : New RBTA questions

E Rosewater
04/20/2013, 03:12 PM
So I purchased a new RBTA today. I shut down my powerheads and placed it on ledge with some rocks on it, places where it would be able to wedge it's foot under. He's moved to the center of the ledge and hasn't moved in about an hour now, which I thought was odd because I thought they liked to wedge their foot into a crevice. How long should I leave him before turning on the powerheads? Should I test him somehow to see if he's anchored?

Thank you

Daniel62
04/20/2013, 07:29 PM
If their are healthy 30min to 1 hr max should do it:)

E Rosewater
04/20/2013, 09:06 PM
He ended up making it into a crevice, no I just have to adjust the powerheads

velvetelvis
04/21/2013, 08:18 AM
I know I'm always saying this to posters here, but: Keep those powerheads covered! BTAs wander a lot. And they often wander into powerheads, with ugly (sometimes lethal) results.

aydemir
04/21/2013, 02:41 PM
Keep those powerheads covered! BTAs wander a lot. And they often wander into powerheads, with ugly (sometimes lethal) results.
+1
If the nem decides to let go of the ground completely to move, it will no doubt end up in a million pieces after a trip through a powerhead

E Rosewater
04/21/2013, 05:07 PM
It's my biggest fear with it. It's decided to hide behind some rocks, so I'll see if be moves out on his own. I have some hydor powerheads, any tips on covering them?

aydemir
04/21/2013, 05:41 PM
you could try using elastic bands/twist ties to attach sponges to them, or a screen (like on your windows) if you have some.