PDA

View Full Version : Ca Reactor Programming, can someone check?

gig
04/20/2013, 08:30 PM
Hi all setting up my new Ca Reactor, wanted to make sure I had it right

So first, is the programming for the Solenoid to the CO2, I got the defer statements from somewhere else, but are they needed?

pH = this is the pH of my tank
pHca = this is the pH of the effluent

Fallback OFF
If pHca > 06.68 Then ON
If pHca < 06.48 Then OFF
If pH < 07.95 Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON
Defer 001:00 Then OFF
If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then OFF

I am also feeding the reactor via maxijet, so the programming for this is

Fallback OFF
If pH > 08.30 Then OFF

I assume that if the pH in the tank goes to high, I can just shut down the pump? or do I need to also worry about the CO2? or is this necessary?

Finally, trying to figure out what to do with the main reactor circulation pump, so I need to make sure that shuts down in any cases?

Thanks!

Mark Bianco
04/21/2013, 06:39 PM
A defer statement means stay in the current state for the given amount of time, think of it a hold statement very handy in some situations like delaying your skimmer after shutting down your return pumps for feeding or maintenance. The other reason some use defer is for float switches so water movement inside the tank or sump bouncing a float will make sure it in the state it needs to be for whatever time you desire. IMO for this application they are not needed.

Fallback OFF
If pHca > 06.68 Then ON
If pHca < 06.48 Then OFF
If pH < 07.95 Then OFF
If Outlet Co2Pump = OFF Then OFF (This will turn off the Co2 if the pump is shut off.)

Also can you explain why you included the last statement of " If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then OFF " ? Just curious?

Now for the pump program you have nothing to turn it on.

[Co2_Pump]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If pH > 08.30 Then OFF

Once again why the If power statement?

Mark

gig
04/21/2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Mark, thanks for that! I've not programmed my apex for quite some time and getting rusty!

so the power statement, If I recall correctly, I have two EB8's on is EB8_3 and the other is EB8_5

so EB8_5 is plugged into my UPS the EB8_3 is not. So if the EB8_3 loses power I wanted anything plugged into the EB8_5 to also turn off except essential items (like a pump).

hope that makes sense

gig
04/21/2013, 08:36 PM
OK, so I jsut updated my programing

so the solenoid (outlet is named "CO2_5_8") is now:

Fallback OFF
If pHca > 06.68 Then ON
If pHca < 06.48 Then OFF
If pH < 07.95 Then OFF
If Outlet CaFeed_5_4 = OFF Then OFF

and the maxijet pump that feed the reactor (outlet is named "CaFeed_5_4") is now:

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If pH > 08.30 Then OFF

does that work better?

Thanks!