PDA

View Full Version : Gas Fumes

JustinGr
04/21/2013, 10:39 AM
I have several tanks in my garage, and today my neighbor spilled several gallons of gas in the side yard next to my garage. The garage smells like gas, so I opened the doors, put in some fans and shut off the skimmers.

The smell is not overpowering, but present. Any worries beside a large dead spot of grass in my yard thanks to my neighbor?

bnumair
04/21/2013, 11:07 AM
dont smoke or light a match outside... avoid ringing door bell. and water the area out where there is gas on ur side of the yard. beside from running fans and airing out the garage there is not much u can do for smell.

JustinGr
04/21/2013, 11:18 AM
Just wanted to make sure the hydrocarbons don't kill my clown system. I know paint and pesticides fumes can lead to damage.

Thanks!

blanden.adam
04/21/2013, 12:34 PM
I'd run some fresh GAC on the system to try and filter out any of the large organic molecules that get in the water.

bertoni
04/21/2013, 07:24 PM
GAC might help. I suspect the tank will be okay, but that doesn't sound like much fun.

JustinGr
04/22/2013, 01:46 PM
We managed, and now have an agreement with the neighbor. No gassing his mower in the side yard! I am also going to add an attic fan to quickly extract fumes from my garage.

The garage is finished, central AC/Heat on it's own system and in addition to my tanks, I have a 47" 3-D HD TV, Sofas, fridge, and recliners so I can relax from the rest of the family! When it's full of fumes, it makes it hard to handle!

bnumair
04/22/2013, 02:06 PM
so where is the pics???
tread is useless without pics.....lol