PDA

View Full Version : Why is fish always look like in stress color

RxMike
04/21/2013, 02:17 PM
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s655/mikesreef/20130414_100721_zps7ca2e0cb.jpg

The guy who sold me the gem said he has kept gem and black tangs together. I had to remove and sell my black tang as it was a much bigger fish and had lots of aggression toward the gem. The black has been out of tank two weeks now. The gem comes out of hiding and swims tank much more now that black is gone. It is eating but it has not regained its beautiful v
Color. The scales look faded and it has white line almost like lateral line disease.
This gem tang continuous to show signs of stress in my opinion. No fish other than a tiny yellow tang bother it. I am going to remove the yellow tang. I am soaking nori and food in selcon
The fish is in a 300gallons tank

Any advice on what I can do? Does it take this long to regain normal color?

RxMike
04/21/2013, 04:29 PM
Any help?

bobkill
04/21/2013, 04:35 PM
Def looks like it has something wrong - I have no idea what - hopefully some one can help

HumbleFish
04/21/2013, 05:15 PM
Any way we can get a clearer pic?

RxMike
04/22/2013, 12:31 AM
I think it has Hlld
When I got fish it had white spot on snout
Now the while line is on head and runs behind eyes near gills on both sides of fish

I am feeding it I guess this takes time to get better

I don't know if I should try to catch fish and put in hospital tank

That might cause more harm than good

jjk_reef00
04/22/2013, 02:04 AM
The pic is not very clear. Since you think it is diet related what are you feeding and how often?

RxMike
04/22/2013, 05:59 AM
I am feeding nori green soaked in selcon or bright well omega. I feed pellets alternating with flakes and frozen(mysis bloodworms squid)

I try to feed four sheets of nori daily I have several tangs and herbivores
I don't think this fish gets enough food

I am not sure if it is feeding related or disease

RxMike
04/22/2013, 08:50 AM
I just got done reading Steve pro article on marine head and lateral line disease. I am pretty sure this is what I am dealing with. Excellent read and unfortunately we do not really know what causes this ailment. Steve pro believes the ailment is caused by captivity.

Recommendations from Steve's article
Improve nutrition, water quality, reduce stress
In regards to beta glucan. Can anyone recommend a high quality food that has beta glucan in it? Is BG available as a supplement one can add to foods like garlic for example?

coral_lagoon
04/22/2013, 10:01 AM
Hard to tell in that pic, are his eyes cloudy?

RxMike
04/22/2013, 12:51 PM
Yes

gomaam
11/24/2014, 06:09 AM
IMO the GEM and BLACK together in a small space will never live in peace. I had them both in my tank and they never got along well, that is stress....