PDA

View Full Version : New Bare Bottom with several questions

Sith2095
04/22/2013, 09:42 AM
Hello all,

I just recently set up a 2nd tank and decided to go barebottom and see how I do. This has all been done on a budget and is a work in progress

Setup:
40 gal breeder
20 gal sump

I currently have about 30lbs of live rock in in the breeder and about 8lbs in the drain of the sump.

I just purchased a 6 bulbs nova extreme pro fixture and am goingto be changin ghte bulbs out to ATI bulbs.

I have a Tunze 6025 PH and a MaxiJet 1200 PH (the maxijet will be used for my GFO reactor once i finally set it up)

Questions:

1. Originally I was going to try and do primarily Zoas with this tank. DO you think the lighting will be to much for them? Or should I look at doing SPS? I have little experience with SPS, but I am willing to learn.

2. For the powerheads in the tank, once i set the GFO reactor up and take out the maxijet should I get another Tunze, or equivalent, or do you think one would be enough flow?

3. Any other suggestions?

I do not have a skimmer yet, but that is on the purchase list.

Please feel free to comment.

Thank you.

Sith2095
04/23/2013, 10:32 AM
Bump

tbryan
04/23/2013, 10:43 AM
Some zoas like different lighting, for most you should be fine with that light, for others you may have to move them to a shady spot under an overhanging rock maybe.Truthfully Ive had Sps be more picky with light than zoas.